— Formulations —
Are CBD Wellness products right for you? And just what is ‘wellness’? How do you feel after a long walk in the woods on a sunny autumn day? After an hour of yoga and meditation? After a cup of tea while watching the snow fall quietly outside your window? How about after a deep massage? That is a feeling we all want to experience more often — peace. Wellness.
Overall wellness is about so much more than being without physical ailment. True wellness is the difference between just surviving, and thriving. Key elements of our lifestyles are considered to be facets of our general wellness. Each of these has a profound impact on our physical and mental wellbeing:
- Social connectedness
Even small positive changes to these areas of our lives can enhance our sense of balance and overall wellness. Infinite’s CBD Wellness products are formulated with these lifestyle goals in mind.
To understand how Infinite’s CBD Wellness products might be used to support overall wellbeing, we have to understand a little bit about the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system of receptors within our bodies regulates many critical body functions such as sleep, appetite, temperature control, inflammatory and immune response, learning, memory, pain response and more. When cannabinoids like CBD bind to specific receptors, the ECS is stimulated to act on other systems throughout the body and help achieve stasis. For some, this can mean lowering stress, boosting mood and managing aches and pains.
Infinite’s Wellness products are here to help you find more of those “sunny autumn days” — to help support you being the best version of you and feeling your best while you do the things you love.
CBD…for energy? Ever find your eyelids growing inexplicably heavy during those lengthy virtual meetings? You aren’t alone. According to the Sleep Foundation , 32.5% of American adults are getting less than 7 hours of sleep on average these days. And over half report feeling drowsy during the work day at least once a week. There are a few things we are all guilty of from time to time that could be contributing to low energy. Ask yourself:
- Are you getting enough (quality) sleep? The average adult needs a good ol’ 8 hours most nights.
- Are you staying hydrated? Even mild dehydration can drag energy levels down.
- Are you getting enough time outdoors? A lack of sunshine to recharge could be the culprit.
More than just a nuisance, low energy can have an impact on mood, motivation to accomplish tasks and engage in social interaction, as well as our physical sense of wellbeing. Many of us turn to bottomless cups of coffee to combat grogginess, but the unwanted jitters and the inevitable crash make this a less than perfect solution.
CBD for sleep and relaxation? It is among the top use cases for cannabinoids, addressing a pain point for a LOT of people. Over 40 million Americans report suffering from chronic sleep disturbances. And 77% say that their general stress level is high enough that it impacts their physical health. Stress and sleep issues are often part of a vicious cycle — the more stressed out we are, the more it negatively impacts our sleep and the more we experience sleep deprivation or poor quality sleep, the more stressed out we feel.
And that’s nothing to shake a stick at — prolonged stress and sleep deprivation can take a major toll on us, negatively affecting our relationships, ability to function at work or school, sense of self-worth and outlook on the future. And that’s not to mention the physical toll — existing under these pressures can contribute to our risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other major health issues as well as exacerbating mental health challenges like anxiety and mood disorders. There are methods that are widely suggested to help relieve stress and to promote healthy sleep:
- Don’t neglect general wellness — proper nutrition, regular exercise, hydration.
- Maintain good sleep hygiene — limit caffeine after 5pm, avoid blue light and screens in the evenings, keep your bedroom/sleep zone tidy, comfy and conducive to sleep (cooler temperature, low warm light, perhaps even scented with lavender or another restful essential oil scent).
- Mind yourself through mindfulness — give regular meditation, yoga, or breathing exercises a try.
CBD for sleep and relaxation can support a healthy, stress-reducing routine. But, can CBD itself really help alleviate stress and restore healthy sleep? Studies suggest that it may indeed. Many use CBD to address the root causes of their insomnia like chronic pain, depression, stress-induced ailments, and general physical discomfort. It is also used to manage daily stress, alleviate anxiety and promote general wellness. Our products combine the relaxation-promoting benefits of cannabinoids CBD and CBN with melatonin to promote restful sleep.
- Brain Training — activities like sudoku, jigsaw puzzles, chess, memory games and the like can work those focus muscles. This is particularly helpful for older adults as memory and concentration tend to decline with age.
- Sleep — yep, most adults are recommended to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night. Paying attention to your sleep hygiene and building healthy sleep habits is crucial.
- Gaming — believe it or not, video games may be helpful in expanding our capacity for concentration! Several studies (including this one) attribute video games with changes in the brain including increased focus and attention span. Who knew, right?
- General Wellness — making time to attend to our general wellness is also important in helping us be our best when it comes to focus. Read more about that here.
What about our four-legged family when it comes to wellness? CBD for pets is currently all the rage, but does it work? As it happens, all animals have been found to possess an endocannabinoid system. That’s right, ALL — from tall to small, dogs to cats, fish to hamsters, newts to nematodes; they all have endocannabinoid systems not unlike those of humans. And while there is still much research to be done, some studies (like this one) have shown that hemp-based CBD therapeutics have positive effects on pets, particularly older ones who may be suffering from arthritis, inflammation, anxiety, seizures and other maladies. Some have shown a significant decrease in pain and improvement in mobility — both having the potential to improve our pets’ quality of life, giving them more active years to continue being our best friends.